Monday, April 26, 2010

Send a Prayer

I received the news this morning that a close friend and old roomie of mine lost her baby girl (she was exactly 20 weeks pregnant).  Here's a portion of her email.  I know a lot of you know Corrie....

Matt and I lost a baby girl this weekend.  I was exactly 20 weeks when I delivered her.

My water broke unexpectedly Saturday morning around 9:15 am, while I was trying to sleep in.  We went directly to the Hospital in Wild Rose where they ran some tests and comfirmed it was my amniotic fluid.  I was then transferred to Meriter in Madison, WI.  My OB was on call.  The ultrasound showed a strong healthy baby but there was no fluid left for the baby to survive.   She died before delivery.   I delivered a baby girl at 4:30am yesterday, April 25th.  We named her, MacKenzie Ann.  She was beautiful.

We will be having a service this week to help mourn our loss, I will have details later this afternoon.   Most likely will be Thursday or Friday.


She was 10 inches and 12.5 oz.


 I'm just sick with this news and my heart is hurting for this family.  Send a prayer loaded with love and support.  It is times like this when I have no concept of what God's bigger plan is.  It is hard to imagine why He would need this little life up in heaven more than Corrie and Matt needed this life here on Earth.

3 comments:

  1. God needs her more. There is a book called Hope. It's written by Nancy Guthrie.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sad Becky. I'm so sorry and my heart just wrenches for Corrie & Matt and their families. God's plan also includes those left behind, but I'm sure He's sad for them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this feeling all too well knowing firsthand what it's like to deliver a baby who didn't survive. I also lost a baby on APril 25, 1987. His name was Timothy David and was 24 weeks gestation. He weight 1.12 oz and was 13 inches. long A day doesn't go by without my thinking of him or who he would have been today. Only God knows his plan for each of us. I will continue to pray for your friends...it truly is a sad time and you never get over the loss, you just learn to live with it.

    Aunt Bette

    ReplyDelete