Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer is Going Fast!

I looked back and realized that I haven't updated in awhile.  Summer is blowing by---can't believe it is already 4th of July weekend coming up!

Happenings this summer
Not much out of the ordinary.  Spending lots of time with Vivian---going to the park, Lake George, playing outside, etc.  She loves anything including water (as long as it isn't sprinkling down on top of her!).  She is also into her watercolor paints and making cards/pictures with markers and stickers.

Vivian is in Pike Swim lessons every Tuesday, which she looks forward to---she is learning to backfloat and a basic front swim (can you tell I'm not a big swimmer?).  She things dunking her head under the water is the coolest thing now that she does it!

All things baby:
Well, this baby is giving me a whole new set of challenges this go 'round...
At 27 weeks, the baby measured 3 lbs. 4 oz. (typically they are nearing 2lbs at this stage).  At 30 weeks, I was already experiencing contractions, although not regular in any sense.  The pressure has been immense--sometimes bringing me to tears (this is the first real time I think I've complained about anything during pregnancies....give me a little room to whine).  At almost 32 weeks, the contractions are still there---annoying and irregular---and I can't seem to find a good way to relieve the pressure (except in the water).  Driving even a 1/2 hour away is super uncomfortable...grrr...

Docs are planning on doing an ultrasound in 3 weeks to determine further the size and development.  They could be off on the due date but also might want to induce at 37 weeks.  I have mixed feelings about that, but that is another story altogether.

What is awesome is the many flips and wiggles this baby has had--makes us smile and laugh many times a day.  We're having fun sorting through Vivian's baby stuff and starting to get the room ready.  Vivian is anxious for the baby "just to be out of mommy's tummy already!"  I think she is missing the lap space that I had for her!

In other news, we are beginning construction on our deck---hopefully that will be completed and stained well before college friends come to visit the first week in August!  Oh, and we're hanging out with neighbors quite a bit and getting to know them, which is good fun!

If you haven't put in your guess for the baby pool, (date, weight, height, etc.) please do so!  Vivian had lots of people guessing...this time around...not so much---but I do put it in the baby book....so get on it!  (And get those around you that don't check internet/mail!)

No comments:

Post a Comment